Monday, October 8, 2012

My transformation and life altering journey started around 18 months ago. I started this process at 295lbs and I'm now at 170 and about 20 lbs away from my "goal" weight. This path has changed my physical body, my emotional being and my connections with the people around me. 

During this time I have been faced with numerous challenges (some severe) that I could have let derail me permanently from the growth I was experiencing however I have chosen instead to let these speed bumps weave their way into the fabric of my new life. 

So many people, have learned about what I've done have a) said I should start a blog (so, here I go, even if it's bad) and b) asked me how in the world I've done it. Well for answer b) - sorry, no magic formula, no pill no surprises. HARD WORK!!! DETERMINATION!!! Getting up and moving even if I didn't want to and letting the work hurt and learning from it. 

So, dear reader, if you can take anything from what I'll be posting and use it to either start on your own journey or encourage someone to start on theirs, I'll be happy. 

I'll forewarn you, I'm not a professional, I'm don't have a degree and I don't necessarily know what I'm doing, but I have an interest in the human spirit and the incredible changes that we're all capable of. 

I'll TRY to post once a week (or sneak one in-between now and then) and I'll be happy to accept comments, supportive or otherwise. Until then, here's to spending more time 'off the couch'.

1 comment: